Residential Turf Replacement Rebate
Removing turf grass is one of the most water-wise choices customers can make to reduce their outdoor water use and associated costs.
The turf replacement program uses a multi-pronged approach to maximize water savings through combining turf removal, irrigation modification and rainwater retention to support reuse of rainwater. (Artificial turf is not eligible for this rebate)
Turf Replacement rebates are $2.25 per square foot for up to 5,000 square feet and are available on a first-come, first serve basis. Visit www.socalwatersmart.com to learn more and to apply.
*Need help with designing a new landscape? Take a look at the Water-Wise Landscaping section for free landscape designs!
Drip Conversion Rebate
Drip irrigation systems are up to 90 percent more efficient than regular sprinkler systems since they provide water directly to the root of the plant, reducing runoff that sprinklers often cause and guaranteeing a reliable source of water for plants.
EVMWD offers up to $0.25 per square foot for a maximum of 2,000 square feet for converting existing sprinkler systems to drip irrigation systems. Rebate cannot be combined with the Turf Replacement Rebate. Drip conversion equipment and installation must have been completed between July 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024.
Hot Water Recirculating System Rebate
EVMWD’s Hot Water Recirculating System rebate provides a simple solution for our residential customers to save water by allowing hot water to be instantly available at the tap and eliminating the need for water to run down the drain while waiting for it to warm.
The rebate is up to $175 for the purchase and installation of one new hot water recirculating system. The system must be purchased between July 1, 2023, and June 30, 2024, to be eligible.
Pool Cover Rebate
EVMWD’s Pool Cover rebate provides a simple solution for our residential customers to save water by reducing the amount of water that is evaporated from a pool.
The rebate is up to $50 for the purchase and installation of one new pool cover. The pool cover must be purchased between July 1, 2023, and June 30, 2024, to be eligible.
SoCal WaterSmart Rebates
In partnership with Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, additional rebates are offered on select indoor and outdoor devices. Rebates are available on a first-come, first serve basis. Customers have 12 months from the date of purchase to apply for the rebate. Visit www.socalwatersmart.com to learn more and to apply for a rebate.
Rebates offered include:
- High-Efficiency Clothes Washers – Start at $85 per eligible model
- Premium High-Efficiency Toilets (PHETs) – Start at $40 for qualified toilets
- Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers (WBICs) – Start at $80/controller for less than 1 acre of landscape; $35/station for more than 1 acre
- Rotating Sprinkler Nozzles – Start at $2/nozzle (minimum of 15 nozzles)
- Rain Battels – Start at $35 per barrel (up to 2 barrels)
- Cisterns – $250-$350 depending on gallon capacity
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems – Stat at $80/controller for less than 1 acre of landscape; $35/station for more than 1 acre
- Premium High-Efficiency Toilets – $40
- Ultra-Low and Zero Water Urinals – $200
- Plumbing Flow Control Valves – $5/valve (minimum of 10)
- Weather Based Irrigation Controllers – $35/station
- Rotating Nozzles for Pop-up Spray Heads – $2/nozzles (minimum of 30)
- Large Rotary Nozzles – $13/set (8 set minimum)
- In-Stem Flow Regulators – $1/regulator (25 device minimum)
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems – $35/irrigation controller station
- Connectionless Food Steamers – $485/compartment
- Air-Cooled Ice Machines – $1,000
- Cooling Tower Conductivity Controllers – $625
- Colling Tower ph Controllers – $1,750
- Dry Vacuum Pumps – $125/0.5HP
- Laminar Flow Restrictors – $10/restrictor (minimum of 10)
Rebates are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Visit www.socalwatersmart.com to learn more and to apply for a rebate.
Free Water-Wise Devices
EVMWD is happy to offer customers free water-wise devices to use at their homes! Stop by EVMWD’s office during regular business hours to pick up a free kit. (Devices cannot be mailed or delivered)
- Bathroom Sink Aerators
- Kitchen Sink Aerators
- Low-Flow Showerheads
- 5-Minute Shower Timer
- Hose Nozzles
- Toilet Leak Dye Tabs